Usher Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reschedule an usher assigned date?
Please use our easy-to-use usher online exchange system to change your dates 24 hours a day. If you need to change dates, please click here to view your schedule.
Real-Time Usher Exchange Instructions:
- Login into your account here
- Beside each show date on your usher schedule you will see a red EXCHANGE link. When you click this link you will be taken to a page listing available performances.
- Click your desired date and complete your exchange.
- From the confirmation screen, you can click to return to your schedule and you will see that the original date is now gone and the new date has taken its place.
It is that simple! Give it a try when needed.
Can I exchange my assignment over the phone?
Due to high call volume and the creation of our easy to use, real-time online exchange system we do not accept exchanges by phone. If you have a request that cannot be completed via the website, use the “Cancel a Shift/Contact us" form.
When should I use the “cancel a shift/ contact us” form this season?
- When canceling a performance.
- If you receive an error after attempting to use the online live exchange system.
- If you need help with your schedule or need to contact us.
How can I add a show to my ushering schedule?
- Login to your account here
- Click on “Add a new shift to your schedule” (This link will go “live” once the season has begun).
- Select the date you wish to add from the list of performances.
How do I get to Arena Stage?
Due to the opening of the Wharf and increased traffic in the area, getting to Arena Stage and locating parking may take more time than usual. Please allow extra time for travel. You can park in the Arena Stage garage under the building for a special Usher parking rate of $17, if you reserve in advance (based on availability).
The 4th Street garage, located at 1101 4th Street is another convenient option. Parking validation for weekday matinee ushers is available at the Visitor Services Desk before and after the show. A chaser ticket will be given, which will reduce your fee to $14. On the weekends and evenings, the reduced rate of $14 is automatically offered.
Metro: The Waterfront station, on the Green line, is located one block East of Arena Stage at 4th and M Streets. The 74 and P6 buses stop nearby.
For more transportation and parking information, please visit the “Plan Your Visit” page on our website.